Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's a crazy balance game

Sitting here wide awake at 11:45, thinking about the crazy balancing trick that we call life. As a nasty virus ripped though our house this week, it was really brought to my attention how delicate it all really is and how dependent we all are on each other, as a family. I mean, if one person goes down, we all feel the effects. Every person play an integral part around here. Allison was sick today ( very rare) and we all just fell apart. So happy she is feeling better.
Then it comes down to the balance of work and home life. By day, I am a well dressed, mild mannered, multi-tasking professional. In the evening and on weekends I turn into homestead man! At times it seems like duel personalities. My passion has always been my family. Whatever I do, there is a direct link to it being for them. I love my work, but really...it's for them. I really love this farm life....but again...for them. I like creating a comfortable atmosphere for them to grow up in. That requires the balance of a well paying profession mixed with a little dirt under the fingernails. It's a balance that can be a bit demanding at times, but a balance I have grown to love!

1 comment: