Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another crazy weekend on the farm









Well, yet another whirlwind weekend is coming to a close. We always seem to be non-stop on the weekends here on the farm. It is our one time of the week that we can get a ton of stuff done. It's a lot of work, but it's all part of the fun we are calling life.


Saturday morning I went over to my mom's to help begin the process of moving back. She and my Dad moved in with my grandmother over a year ago to help take care of her. Well, now that my mom has remodeled her house, it is time to get ready to move back in. So Bryn, Esther, and Caleb came with me to all work hard to get a good start on the process. We got a lot done!


Then my mom was gracious enough to watch ALL the kids while Allison and I went on a date. We went to Ikea to get another bookcase and a new bed for the girls. My mom was keeping them overnight, so we got to take our time and relax.


This morning we all went to church, then back home to get some work done around here. I had to work more on the milking stand, plant some tomatoes and some other odds and ends outside. Then it was time to build the girls' new bed. It was fairly easy, especially with help form both the girls. See the pic below.


Then Doby, our newest addition, a dairy goat arrived and was milked immdiatly. Allison's first time went well. We got a quart of fresh goat milk. Doby is a sweet girl and will fit right in here.


Now we're wrapping it up and getting ready for the week.


I'm so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment